- The Home Kennels
- *2019 Kirby Trial Stakes*
- *KIRBY Race Card Previews
- *KIRBY Heat by Heat Guide RD 1
- KIRBY Splits & Stats
- 2019 KIRBY Heat by Heat Guide Rd 2
- 2019 Kirby Splits Rd 2
- *KIRBY Q/F Heat x Ht Guide
- KIRBY 2019 Q/F & S/F Sectionals
- KIRBY Betting
- Kirby Semis Heat x Heat
- KIRBY Q/F & S/F Previews
- Final Runners & Verdict Kirby 2019
Monday, 25 June 2018
Greyhound First- Welfare measures initiated due to high temperatures
Monday’s Longford racing cancelled. No trials between 10AM and 7.30PM
Following the 'High-Temperature' five-day warning issued by Met Éireann, the Irish Greyhound Board (IGB) has suspended all trials between 10AM and 7.30PM with immediate effect and is monitoring all race meetings subject to changing weather patterns and local conditions throughout the week. The measures follow best welfare practices that are routinely followed during sharp temperature changes.
· No trials at any tracks between 10AM and 7.30PM.
· Racing at Longford Monday 25 June is cancelled. Friday’s (29 June) meeting is under-review.
· Racing at Enniscorthy and Youghal Monday 25 June will proceed as planned.
· Control Stewards and Racing Managers to assess local circumstances as all race meetings during the ‘High-Temperature’ period will be reviewed.
A spokesperson for the IGB commented ‘To cancel trials or racing can be a great inconvenience to owners and our customers but the welfare of greyhounds comes first in all operational decisions. Staff at all tracks have been advised to supplement existing operational arrangements during this heatwave to ensure welfare considerations are fully taken into account.’